Für Studienanfänger*innen

Residence Permit

All students who come as exchange students or in pursuit of obtaining an entire university degree at Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, are required to register as new citizens of the city with the Citizen Services/Registry Office upon their arrival in Halle.

Students who do not come from a country in the European Union, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland and who wish to study here for longer than 3 months, need a residence permit which they receive from the Immigration Office of the City of Halle in addition to applying at the Citizen Services/Registry Office.

Please note that you must enter as a student with a student visa.

Detailed information on the residence permit for students can be found here.

Submitting an application

All necessary information for submitting an application for a residence permit with the Ausländerbehörde can be found in the following documents:

Application form "Residence permit"

Application form "Residence permit"
Application form "Residence Permit"

Informationsheet on application processing

Informationsheet on application processing
Information sheet on application processing

Contact information International Office


Gritt Eisenkopf
Referentin International Office Service – Students

Phone: +49 345 55 21 535
Telefax: +49 345 55 27 427

Homepage International Office


Uni Halle

International Office
Universitätsring 19/20
06108 Halle (Saale)

Warum studieren?

Studieren in Halle

(Studenten)Leben in Halle


Service und Beratung